Comps, Placements & Training
Comps, Placements & Training
- February, 2014, feature script, Just Cause, through to the final read stage of the BBC Writersroom / Script Room.
- February, 2014, feature script, Just Cause selected by Amazon Studios for their Notable Projects page.
- Quarter-Finalist in the 2013 Bluecat Screenplay Competition 2012-2013 with feature script, Just Cause.
- Semi-finalist in the 2012 Screenwriting Goldmine Competition with the feature script, Contact.
- Selected as one of 13 participants in the EIFF Network Development Programme 2011/2012 - www.eiffnetwork.com.
- Selected as one of the 26 Scottish writers who participated in the 26Treasures Exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland between 30th
- November 2011 and 25th January 2012 - http://www.26treasures.com.
- Longlisted in the BBC Writers Academy 2011 selection process with the thriller feature, Contact.
- Quarter finalist in the 2011 Hollywood based, Fresh Voices Screenplay Competition, with a revised, feature length draft of Fears and Regrets.
- Selected by the Screen Academy Scotland for the MEDIA funded, 2009 ‘Engage’ European training initiative (see 'Training' below)
- A winner of the 2008 national BBC Writersroom ‘Sharps’ screenwriting competition with an early draft of the screenplay, Fears and Regrets.
- Semi-finalist in the 2008 Kaos Films-British Short Screenplay Competition with, Needs.
- Long-listed (final 20) in 2007 G-MAC Shortcuts Short Filmmaking Initiative with an early draft of the screenplay, Small Gifts.
- MFA (Advanced Film Practice / Screenwriting) at Screen Academy Scotland, Edinburgh Napier University (2008/2010) - and awarded the University Programme Medal.
- MA Screenwriting at Screen Academy Scotland, Edinburgh Napier University (2006/2008).
- Selected for the EIFF Network Development Programme 2011/2012 - www.eiffnetwork.com.
- Selected by the Screen Academy Scotland to take part in the MEDIA funded, 2009 ‘Engage’ European training initiative for writers, directors and producers, which allowed him to further develop his feature script, Fears and Regrets, in workshops and one to one sessions at: The National Film School at IADT, Dublin, Ireland, The Baltic Film and Media School, Tallin, Estonia and The University of Art and Design, Helsinki, Finland.
- BBC Writersroom Residential at Bore Place, near Sevenoaks, Kent. Following the BBC 'Sharps' screenwriting competition win (see competitions / placements), a week-long residential consisting of workshops, one to ones and lectures from writers, BBC staff and producers (2008).
- Final Cut Pro editing course at Zero-One, Westminster College, London (2008).
- Playwriting Skills with Zinnie Harris at the Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh (2008).
- Certificate in Video Production at Stevenson College, Edinburgh (2007/2008).
- Syd Field’s Seminar: ‘The Foundations of Screenwriting’, London (2007).